DeMaria was hired by Consumers Energy to complete the Howell Service Center. The project included the construction of a new 21,000 sf building, half of which is a maintenance garage and storage, the other half is the service center office space. There is also a cold storage building and two car ports on the site.
The entire site was balanced/developed in order to complete the project including rerouting a 48” drain line that currently runs through the middle of the site. The project is LEED Silver certified per the USGBC requirements.
In an effort to achieve this, we utilized design aspects which include:
- Protecting the existing habitat and limiting development space
- Providing a highly reflective roofing system
- Limiting interior and outdoor lighting
- Reducing water use
- Increasing mechanical and electrical system comfort and efficiency
- Utilizing building materials that contain recycled content
- Utilizing materials extracted, processed and manufactured regionally
- Managing indoor building pollution
- Providing a space with substantial daylight