The safety of DeMaria’s employees, customers, suppliers, subcontractors, and family members is our top priority. As the Coronavirus Disease of 2019 (COVID-19) continues to spread, DeMaria staff will continue to closely monitor the situation and provide updates to the company on recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
DeMaria is acting to promote safety and to position our company to deliver safe, reliable services before, during, and after a potential coronavirus outbreak in Michigan.
We maintain a companywide plan to preserve our ability to deliver safe, reliable services to our customers during a widespread illness.
We’re monitoring COVID-19 trends and coordinating our actions with peer companies and local health partners. We’ve taken the following actions, some of which you may consider implementing at your own company:
- DeMaria Leadership performs a weekly COVID-19 huddle.
- To prevent the spread and reduce the risk of COVID-19 to employees, visitors, and subcontractors, we require additional screening of all visitors and subcontractors prior to entry into our DeMaria offices and project sites.
- Visitors and subcontractors entering DeMaria offices and project sites will be required to complete a questionnaire . If any questions are answered “yes,” access will be denied, and the visitor or subcontractor will be asked to reschedule or make other arrangements.
- We have secured additional non-pharmacy supplies/PPE: personal hand sanitizers for our field staff; increased hand sanitizer stations at all DeMaria offices and project sites.
- We have increased the scope and frequency of cleaning efforts at our offices and project sites.
- We have provided multiple communications to our employees sharing information about our COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan; the importance of reporting illnesses; good hygiene practices.
- Certain project sites may require employees, visitors, and subcontractors to follow additional customer site rules and regulations.
Guidance for Suppliers and Subcontractors –
We want to work closely with you to ensure safe, reliable service for our customers. To that end, we are asking you to take the following actions:
- Inform us immediately about any potential disruption of the goods or services you are providing to DeMaria.
- Tell your staff to consider using technology (text, email, conference calls, and videoconferencing) instead of traditional face to face meetings to communicate with DeMaria.
- If you have staff that comes into regular contact with DeMaria employees, please tell these staff members to stay home if they are ill.
- Please share your coronavirus response and contingency plans with DeMaria.
Thank you in advance for your support.