DeMaria completed the Development Lab & Vehicle Workshop for TI Fluid Systems in Auburn Hills, MI. The project consisted of two main components, a Polymer Development/Laser Lab and an Advanced Product Lab.
The scope of the Polymer Development/Laser Lab included demolition of the existing gym area with men’s and women’s showers and locker rooms; demolition of all walls, ceilings, and mechanical and electrical systems serving the area; as well as saw-cutting and capping underground plumbing. New work included:
- New drywall partitions and finishes
- Glazing, including protective glass for the welding room observation window
- High-performance epoxy flooring throughout the space
- Fume hood ventilation for laser welding room
- New laboratory-grade stainless steel sink tub and associated plumbing
- New two-ton mini-split heating and cooling system
- New energy-efficient LED lighting throughout
- Compressed air to workstations
- New lab equipment
- Relocation of existing laser lab equipment
The scope of the Advanced Product Lab included:
- Demolition of opening for new window
- Demolition masonry and patch for a new hollow metal door on the exterior wall.
- Supply and install new 3’x7’ brushed aluminum door and frames with security glass and hardware
- Supply and install new 3’x7’ exterior hollow metal door in the outside wall.
- Paint walls, ceiling, and doors
- New high-performance epoxy floor coating
- Demolition of existing lighting and circuits
- Provide and install high bay lights in the garage area
- Lighting sensors and nighttime low-lighting