Responsible for preparing complete, accurate and timely cost estimates for hard bid, design build, and construction management delivery systems. Accountable for the successful completion of assigned projects and duties in conformity to the budget and profit goals of the Company. Reports to the Vice President of Estimating.
- Review bid documents: drawings, specifications, owner contracts and Special Conditions for the thorough understanding of the job and potential risks and opportunities involved with the project.
- Coordinate and follow through with bid strategies developed with the bid team in pre-bid strategy meetings.
- Coordinate and ensure all bid requirements and proposal documentation is complete and accurate in a timely manner for the bid.
- Prepare accurate estimates by performing complete takeoff of pertinent items as determined by the project Team, coordinate and outline scope with self-perform department for large project take offs.
- Have project estimate and bid day team prepared and ready on bid day.
- Ability to negotiations with subcontractors and vendors to assure proper scope and positive financial contracts.
- Schedule and coordinate all required subcontractor and vendor scope reviews, ensuring reviews are thorough and accurate.
- Write comprehensive contracts and purchase orders in a timely manner to maintain the project schedule.
- Promote the growth and development of Subcontractor and Vendor relationships to ensure DeMaria receives the best pricing in the marketplace.
- Ensure all team members, including self, are consistently following DeMaria Building Company (DBC) policies and procedures as outlined in the employee manual
- Attend pre-bid meetings to represent DBC and familiarize one with the site conditions and determine project scope and required contents of estimate.
- Coordinate and maintain solicitation of DBC approved subcontractors/vendors for each assigned project bidding.
- Coordinate and assure the proper distribution of electronic documentation to subcontractors and vendors.
- Prepare consistent and accurate estimates following DeMaria processes and procedures.
- Coordinate and or Prepare bid schedules based on the scope of work and contract specifications when applicable.
- Review subcontract and vendor proposals for the scope of work and competitiveness during the bid process.
- Mentor, motivate and develop Cost Engineers towards a successful career with DBC by teaching utilizing their skills during the bid process.
- Develop and maintain good client relationships with Owners, Engineers, and Architects for expanded or new work opportunities.
- Develop and maintain positive and trustworthy relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Attend and participate in all project meetings and company training
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction related field with general construction experience
- Understanding of the bidding process, including estimating (conceptual and hard bid), planning, coordination, take-offs, bid day preparation, and contracts.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the construction field.
- Ability with training to lead the estimate and take full charge of bid.
- Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, who can interface cooperatively with various departments of the company, as well as clients and subcontractors
- Ability to perform accurate quantity take-offs and to price materials, labor and equipment.
- Posses good organizational, analytical and problem-solving ability
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Keen financial aptitude and above average math skills
- Proficient in use, or quickly capable of learning Timberline, Microsoft Project, Procore and Cosential software
- Strong spirit, with vision and tenacity to recognize, pursue and develop potential growth and new business opportunities
- Represent the company with high moral and ethical conduct.
- Relationship Focused
- Positive Attitude
- Results Driven
- Sitting, standing, walking for extended period of time
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Use hands and fingers to feel and handle items
- Reach with arms and hands
- Talk, hear and see
- Ability to drive a vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Lifting up to 50 pounds (of bid documents, i.e.: blueprints, specifications)
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills and individual in this position might be asked to perform either now or in the future.
DeMaria is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Novi, MI
Send a Resume
Currently DeMaria is seeking an experienced and team oriented Construction Superintendent.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Providing overall on site management of construction projects from start to finish and ensure timely completion within budget.
- Coordinate the work of the subcontractors at the job site.
- Monitor the project schedule and progress to keep it on track. Complete daily reports.
- Coordinate manpower needs with the Project Manager and other appropriate people.
- Continually follow DeMaria Building Company site safety programs.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude with Architects, sub-contractors, inspectors, engineers and estimators by striving to successfully resolve questions or issues pertaining to the project.
- Initiate, track and record R.F.I’s.
- Four (4) year construction related degree preferred and minimum of 3-5 years experience as a Superintendent on commercial, industrial or healthcare projects.
- Complete understanding of plans and specification.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple trades and supervise a large group of people.
- Extensive construction scheduling experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office applications is a must.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude with a high level of personal pride and professionalism.
If you are hard working and want to be a part of a successful team send your resume with salary requirements
- Please, NO Phone Calls
- NO Relocation reimbursement for this position
Location: Novi, MI
Send a Resume
Local contractor looking for concrete carpenter foreman with experience managing crews and jobsite. Must have at least 10 years verifiable construction experience, at least 5 years as a foreman. Must have an OSHA 30hr certification to qualify
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications
Experience in foundation and elevated concrete construction along with appropriate forming systems and Performing carpentry work
• Ability to provide layout from control points as provided and Set forms
• Maintain the required construction schedule and meet or exceed estimated labor productivity
- Maintain OSHA/MIOSHA standards and enforcement of all onsite company and jobsite safety policies
- Ability to perform work on a variety of projects in a safe manner while Maintaining a clean safe jobsite
- Effective Communication with Project Manager and project team
- Familiar with preparing site logistics plans and time coding
- Effectively Lead concrete forming, placing and finishing crews
- Familiar with and have used Project Management Software’s
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS: Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record required. Reliable transportation to/from work is a necessity. As a condition of employment, candidates must have acceptable background check results and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Send a Resume