Estimate concrete, earthwork and interior work that DeMaria performs through DSP Constructors with its own union work force. Prepare cost estimates for construction proposals to bid. Responsible for preparing complete, accurate and timely cost estimates for hard bid, design build, and construction management delivery systems. Accountable for the successful completion of assigned projects, post bid follow up and customer relations to the goals of the Group.
Bachelor’s degree in a construction related field with a minimum of 3+ years general construction experience in estimating and/or project management in general construction.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the entire bidding process, including estimating , Planning, Coordination, Take-offs, Bid day preparation, Final bid execution
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the construction field.
• Must have concrete, earthwork and/ or interiors estimating experience.
• Lead the estimate and take full charge of bid.
• Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, who can interface cooperatively with various departments of the company, as well as clients and subcontractors
• Ability to make accurate take –offs and to estimate the cost of materials, labor, equipment and subcontractor work and determine that all areas have been accounted for prior to submitting estimate for review.
• Posses good organizational, analytical and problem solving ability
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
• Be capable of estimating more than one project at a time. Above average math skills
• Proficient in use, or quickly capable of learning Planswift, Timberline and Microsoft Project software
• Represent the company with high moral and ethical conduct
• Good follow-up skills and ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
Send a Resume
Plans, organizes, develops, implements, coordinates and directs human resources policies, programs and practices in the areas of Recruiting and Staffing, Training and Development, Employee Benefits, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Policy Administration, Corporate Initiatives, and Diversity. Oversees all aspects of multi-functional HR Department including Employment, Benefits, Training, and Employee Relations. Establishes department’s priorities, goals, and objectives through collaboration and consultation with senior management.
- Manages the recruitment and solicitation of new hires for all positions throughout the company. Including advertising, screening, interviewing, and pre-employment tests.
- Advises managers on candidate selection; conducts new-employee orientations; employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Maintains professional relationships with recruiting services (i.e. universities and minority job services).
- Monitors and updates position descriptions.
- Point-of-contact for external benefits consultants and attorneys.
- Manages plan design and administration of the 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision insurance plans, flexible spending accounts, voluntary benefit plans. Ensure compliance with legal requirements related to employee benefit programs.
- Communicates information to employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures. Plan and coordinate open enrollment period for all employees.
- Confers with senior management regarding benefits costs, makes recommendation as to employer/employee cost sharing. Recommends benefit plan changes to management. Asses benefit needs and trends.
- Develops and facilitates company-wide compliance and interpersonal skill training.
- Advises & trains senior management on human resources topics & employment law changes or issues.
- Designs and delivers various HR training programs. Evaluate, track and improve training programs as needed.
- Compiles employee survey data, training results, and evaluation feedback in order to provide management with a summary of the objectives met through training.
- Coordinates and monitors the performance review process for consistency, fairness, timeliness and effectiveness.
- Investigates employee complaints and employee performance problems, recommend options to management, facilitates appropriate outcomes.
- Coaches and counsels managers/ employees as it relates to meeting organizational performance goals and expected conduct.
- Maintains accurate and complete personnel records. Ensure rules concerning confidentiality and retention are followed.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and demonstrate exceptional integrity, moral and ethical values.
- Consults with senior management to facilitate initiatives that support employee performance, engagement and retention while maximizing organizational effectiveness.
- Monitors company policies to ensure compliance.
- Reviews and updates corporate policy and procedure manual.
- Performs special projects as required.
Qualifications (Skills, knowledge, and experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management preferred, 2+ years’ general experience in the HR management experience, experience in construction industry is a plus
- Human Resources certification a plus
- Knowledge of legislation affecting human resources management.
- Demonstrated employee relations experience. Experience should include administration of comprehensive benefit plans, including carrier management, and employee communication and implementation.
- Past experience developing and implementing employee training programs.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- People-focused, a team-builder, and a creative force. Forward-thinking, open-minded, with a desire to impact change.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Experience interfacing with legal counsel
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Possesses good organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers
Send a Resume
Accountable for overall leadership, administration, supervision, technical management, quality and cost control for all on-site construction operations. Directly supervises assistants, foreman, subcontractors and field trades. Responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of the project schedule to ensure work is timely and meeting or exceeding profit goals. Maintain and enforce project site safety in accordance with company policies and procedures, OSHA requirements, local, state and federal laws.
- Monitor project costs, identifying variances and implementing corrective action.
- Working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents
- Maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts
- Develop realistic and logical project schedule, monitor and update to ensure project is on agreed upon schedule.
- Adhere to and enforce compliance with company safety policies and procedures including all local, state, and OSHA regulations
- Develop and maintain good client relationships for expanded or new work opportunities.
- Produce and submit project documents accurately and timely
- Proactively manage and coordinate manpower and equipment in an efficient cost effective manner
- Responsible for successfully procuring materials on project
- Develop, maintain and enforce the project site logistics plan and sequence of construction plan
- Create and execute a plan for monitoring the completion of punch list items and coordinate all field inspections
- Resolve issues regarding plans or specifications, conflicts with architect, clients and subcontractors and document all corrections, changes and requests.
- Manage subcontractors and field trades by evaluating and monitoring performance. Resolve field issues through proper procedures and chain of command
Qualifications (Skills, knowledge, and experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in a construction-related field is preferred, with a minimum of five (5) years of general construction experience. A willingness to work on out-of-state projects, if needed, is required.
- Command a strong site presence in a leadership role, exhibit thoroughness in all phases of work, exude a controlled sense of urgency
- Must have an excellent understanding of the construction management process, including, budget and cost control , means and methods, scheduling , quality , safety , owner and subcontractor contract details, managing site activity, labor relations and union contracts.
- Lead by example and sets the standard of performance for others to follow
- Demonstrate a professional attitude consistent with company values and culture
- Adept at identifying potential issues by developing and executing resolutions.
Send a Resume