SUMMARY OF POSITION
Assist the Project Engineer in preparing complete, accurate and timely material status reports for construction projects based on project drawings and specifications. Assist in procuring materials and equipment on project. Be of assistance to the Project Manager by helping to prepare all necessary back up relating to additional work. Support the Project Engineer with the timely completion of all required project close-out documents per contract. This position will also help support the estimating department
Assist and support our estimating department with bid preparation and related duties. Responsible for Assisting Project Estimator on competitive and negotiated estimates, reviewing specs and contract documents; coordinating pricing from vendors; and assisting other Estimators as needed
- Follow DBC policies and procedures as outlined in the employee manual
- Assist the Project Engineer with the timely coordination of the submittal process (securing, reviewing, and distributing)
- Help coordinate all aspects of the project close out process and obtain a certificate of substantial completion from owner or architect
- Assist in securing back-up for all quotes, extra’s and bulletins
- Ensure material deliveries to maintain project schedule
- Delivery of bids to Client and/or Architect.
- Soliciting subcontractors and vendors to bid projects.
- Distribute prints and specifications to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Attend site visits and Pre-Bid Meetings for Project Estimator as required.
- Distribute addendum’s to subcontractors and vendors as required.
- Assist Project Estimator in performing self-perform quantity takeoffs.
- Delivery and/or pickup of drawings and specifications.
- Assist Project Estimator on Bid Day reviewing subcontractor’s and vendor’s scopes of work submitted and obtaining corresponding quotes.
- Estimate smaller projects as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Skills, knowledge, experience)
- Competent knowledge of basic phases of construction projects.
- Satisfactory knowledge of mathematics functions (geometry, basic algebra).
- Competent computer skills (Excel, Bluebeam and Timberline).
- Satisfactory ability to schedule your own time effectively to accomplish tasks.
- Satisfactory ability to develop and maintain project schedules and project budgets and to identify changes and discrepancies.
- Competent ability to present information in a clear and understandable manner in both written and verbal form.
- Satisfactory ability to work with others in a team environment, exercising effective interpersonal skills.
- Satisfactory ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Competent ability to perform all work in a timely, professional and efficient manner while effectively communicating and interacting with customers, clients, subcontractors and other third parties.
- Ability to comply with all company policies, practices and standards of performance.
- Satisfactory attendance.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude consistent with company values and culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Sitting, standing, walking for extended period of time
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Use hands and fingers to feel and handle
- Reach with arms and hands
- Talk , hear, and see
- Ability to drive a vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills and individual in this position might be asked to perform either now or in the future.
Send a Resume
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications
- Experience in foundation and elevated concrete construction along with appropriate forming systems and Performing carpentry work
- Ability to provide layout from control points as provided and Set forms
- Maintain the required construction schedule and meet or exceed estimated labor productivity
- Maintain OSHA/MIOSHA standards and enforcement of all onsite company and jobsite safety policies
- Ability to perform work on a variety of projects in a safe manner while Maintaining a clean safe jobsite
- Effective Communication with Project Manager and project team
- Familiar with preparing site logistics plans and time coding
- Effectively Lead concrete forming, placing and finishing crews
- Familiar with and have used Project Management Software’s
Additional Qualifying Factors: Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record required. Reliable transportation to/from work is a necessity. As a condition of employment, candidates must have acceptable background check results and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Send a Resume
Responsible for preparing complete, accurate and timely submittal logs for construction projects based on project drawings and specifications. Accountable for receiving approved submittals from Architect or Engineer and notifying the Project Superintendent of potential schedule impact. Assist Project Manager by preparing all necessary back up relating to change requests. Responsible for timely completion of all required project close-out documents per contract.
- Responsible for the timely coordination of the submittal process (securing, reviewing, and distributing) to maintain project schedule.
- Coordinate all aspects of the project close out process.
- Secure back-up for all change requests
- Complete Project Engineer Training Rotation Program
- Obtain all applicable permits if responsible, if not, determine if required information was sent to proper city office
- Distribute final requirement documentation to subcontractors and bookkeeper
- Schedule all required construction meetings with required personnel, subcontractors, architects and owners
Qualifications (Skills, knowledge, and experience):
- Bachelors degree in a construction related field with a minimum of 2+ years construction related experience
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the construction field.
- Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, who can interface cooperatively with various departments of the company, as well as clients and subcontractors
- Posses good organizational, analytical and problem solving ability
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Keen financial aptitude
- Proficient in use, or quickly capable of learning Timberline and Microsoft Project software
Send a Resume