Currently DeMaria is seeking an experienced and team oriented Project Superintendent.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing overall on site management of construction projects from start to finish and ensure timely completion within budget.
- Coordinate the work of the subcontractors at the job site.
- Monitor the project schedule and progress to keep it on track. Complete daily reports.
- Coordinate manpower needs with the Project Manager and other appropriate people.
- Continually follow DeMaria Building Company site safety programs.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude with Architects, sub-contractors, inspectors, engineers and estimators by striving to successfully resolve questions or issues pertaining to the project.
- Initiate, track and record R.F.I’s.
- Four (4) year construction related degree preferred and minimum of 3-5 years experience as a Superintendent on commercial, industrial or healthcare projects.
- Complete understanding of plans and specification.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple trades and supervise a large group of people.
- Extensive construction scheduling experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office applications is a must.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude with a high level of personal pride and professionalism.
Send a Resume
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting construction drawings and specifications
- Experience in foundation and elevated concrete construction along with appropriate forming systems and Performing carpentry work
- Ability to provide layout from control points as provided and Set forms
- Maintain the required construction schedule and meet or exceed estimated labor productivity
- Maintain OSHA/MIOSHA standards and enforcement of all onsite company and jobsite safety policies
- Ability to perform work on a variety of projects in a safe manner while Maintaining a clean safe jobsite
- Effective Communication with Project Manager and project team
- Familiar with preparing site logistics plans and time coding
- Effectively Lead concrete forming, placing and finishing crews
- Familiar with and have used Project Management Software’s
Additional Qualifying Factors: Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record required. Reliable transportation to/from work is a necessity. As a condition of employment, candidates must have acceptable background check results and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Send a Resume
Estimate concrete, earthwork and interior work that DeMaria performs through DSP Constructors with its own union work force. Prepare cost estimates for construction proposals to bid. Responsible for preparing complete, accurate and timely cost estimates for hard bid, design build, and construction management delivery systems. Accountable for the successful completion of assigned projects, post bid follow up and customer relations to the goals of the Group.
Bachelor’s degree in a construction related field with a minimum of 3+ years general construction experience in estimating and/or project management in general construction.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the entire bidding process, including estimating , Planning, Coordination, Take-offs, Bid day preparation, Final bid execution
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the construction field.
• Must have concrete, earthwork and/ or interiors estimating experience.
• Lead the estimate and take full charge of bid.
• Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, who can interface cooperatively with various departments of the company, as well as clients and subcontractors
• Ability to make accurate take –offs and to estimate the cost of materials, labor, equipment and subcontractor work and determine that all areas have been accounted for prior to submitting estimate for review.
• Possess good organizational, analytical and problem solving ability
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
• Be capable of estimating more than one project at a time. Above average math skills
• Proficient in use, or quickly capable of learning Planswift, Timberline and Microsoft Project software
• Represent the company with high moral and ethical conduct
• Good follow-up skills and ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
Send a Resume
Responsible for preparing complete, accurate and timely submittal logs for construction projects based on project drawings and specifications. Accountable for receiving approved submittals from Architect or Engineer and notifying the Project Superintendent of potential schedule impact. Assist Project Manager by preparing all necessary back up relating to change requests. Responsible for timely completion of all required project close-out documents per contract.
- Responsible for the timely coordination of the submittal process (securing, reviewing, and distributing) to maintain project schedule.
- Coordinate all aspects of the project close out process.
- Secure back-up for all change requests
- Complete Project Engineer Training Rotation Program
- Obtain all applicable permits if responsible, if not, determine if required information was sent to proper city office
- Distribute final requirement documentation to subcontractors and bookkeeper
- Schedule all required construction meetings with required personnel, subcontractors, architects and owners
Qualifications (Skills, knowledge, and experience):
- Bachelors degree in a construction related field with a minimum of 2+ years construction related experience
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the construction field.
- Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, who can interface cooperatively with various departments of the company, as well as clients and subcontractors
- Posses good organizational, analytical and problem solving ability
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Keen financial aptitude
- Proficient in use, or quickly capable of learning Timberline and Microsoft Project software
Send a Resume